EDTA is mainly used for water treatment, as an additive to detergent, chemical for photography, paper-making and oil-field. It is also used as detergent for boiler cleaning and reagent in chemical analysis.
1. High molecular chemical industry: EDTA is used as polymetization activator for butyl bezene latex, and polyreaction terminator in acrylic fibre poiduction.
2. Daily chemicals: EDTA is used as additive to detergent, skin cream and hair-conditioner.
3. Paper-making: EDTA is used for treating the steamed fibre. It will promote the whiteness of paper and reduce the incrustation in the steamer.
4. Pharmaceutical industry: Through cyclopolymerization with methyl amide, EDTA is made into ethyl imide, a remedy for psoriasis. It is also a stablizer for some vaccines and an antihaemoagglutinin.
5. Textile dyeing and printing: EDTA will promote color ability of the dyestuff and brightness of the dyed fabric.